Odessa offers a wide variety of tastes when it comes to attractions. From historical to festive and cultural to educational we have it all.
A) Arts :
The Presidential Museum
- A premier museum dedicated solely to the office of the president. Permanent exhibitions include campaign memorabilia, historical documents, and First Lady miniatures. The museum grounds also feature the George H. Bush Family Home, where two presidents and a first lady spent their early days in West Texas.
The Ellen Noël Art Museum of the Permian Basin
- Located on the campus of UTPB. Features rotating exhibitions of historical and contemporary art, and a unique Sensory Garden for the visually handicapped.
The Permian Playhouse
- The Permian Playhouse has been enriching the lives of West Texas residents with music, dance, drama, suspense, tears and laughter for over 40 years. It offers an opportunity for young people to explore the fascinating aspects of theater through the Kaleidoscope Company.
B) Historical Sites :
The White-Pool House Museum
- It is the oldest structure of importance in Odessa, Texas. Built in 1887 by Charles and Lucy White, it resembled the house they left behind in Indiana. Exhibits give the public an opportunity to view and learn about different periods in Odessa's history. The barn replica gives a view of early ranching life.
- One of Odessa’s classic downtown movie theaters. Currently featuring live entertainment in a 700-seat auditorium that will accommodate theater, concerts and group meetings.
World’s Largest Jack Rabbit and The Jackrabbit Jamboree
- “Jack Ben Rabbit™” is an impressive 8-foot statue located at North Sam Houston and 8th Street. Odessa’s most popular photo opportunity! Joining Jack are 37 other brightly decorated rabbits scattered throughout the city.
C) Entertainment :
Desert Thunder Raceway
- An eighth-mile drag strip with complete facilities for drag racers from novice to professional with events and facilities for every type of racer and fan – including junior dragsters, dragster motorcycles and door slammers.
Dos Amigos Cantina
- Formerly an old horse stable, Dos Amigos is one of the most unusual music/food/entertainment venues around. You can chow down on some of the best Mexican food around or enjoy steaks, shrimp or catfish. Dos Amigos provides an adventurous and fun atmosphere for people of all ages. It’s also known for hosting bull rides and concerts by a wide variety of performers from country to rock.
West Texas Raceway Park
- One of the most-utilized ¼-mile paved auto drag strips in the state of Texas. The schedule of races is seasonal. IHRA sanctioned races during the season. Sixteen miles west of Odessa in Penwell just off of Interstate 20.
D) Parks :
Comanche Trail Park
encompasses 160 acres and has a 3.5-mile paved trail system with a unique concentration of wildlife, birds and foliage. The park has a man-made pond that is stocked with a variety of game fish, a playground, soccer and baseball fields. Interstate-20 and West County Road.
a picnic pavilion and playground, 2 lighted baseball fields, lighted tennis courts and volleyball facilities. It offers a special celebration during the Christmas season. Thousands of Christmas lights decorate the park during the month of December for StarBright Village, offering excitement for the kid in all of us. Pool Road and Crane Highway.
a special barrier-free park, is designed to meet the needs of disabled children. It has two play areas, a galaxy with special audio features for visually-challenged children, a unique four-ton granite ball fountain and bronze sculptures of children. It is a joint venture of the Odessa Downtown Lioness Club, Odessa Regional Hospital and the City of Odessa. Tom Green Avenue and Sixth Street.
offers facilities for baseball, soccer, sand volleyball and tennis, a large playground facility, a community center and a family aquatic facility. 44th Street and Dixie Boulevard Salinas Park is a neighborhood park with a playground, baseball fields, pavilion and community center. 600 West Clements.
E) Golf Courses :
Ratliff Ranch Golf Links,
Odessa’s municipal course, is open to the public. Ratliff’s links-style course, with bent grass greens, sand traps, natural hazards and lakes, gives a superior golfing experience.
Sunset Country Club,
the only semi-public golf course in Odessa, allows both members and non-members to play its 18-hole, 72-par course seven days a week. Sunset features a par-3, nine-hole course for those who want to sharpen their iron game.
Legacy Golf Center
gives new and experienced golfers the opportunity to improve their performance. It is a public driving range for all ages and skill levels. Open year round.
F) Sports :
The Odessa College Sports Center
houses an indoor swimming pool, indoor walking track, Nautilus equipment, basketball courts and racquetball courts. 201 West University Blvd.
- Odessa’s family sports facility, houses an indoor swimming pool, racquetball courts, youth and adult sporting and physical activity opportunities. It has an outdoor volleyball, racquetball, t-ball and soccer fields and a walking trail. 3001 East University.
Ratliff Stadium, Soccer, Tennis and Softball Complex
- the stadium with state-of-the-art synthetic grass and Dakronics Score board with video replay capabilities, is home to many athletic events including high school football, West Texas Relays, Special Olympics and regional marching band competitions. The movie, “Friday Night Lights,” was filmed on location at the stadium, which can accommodate 20,000 spectators. The stadium complex, owned and operated by the Ector County Independent School District, has lighted fields for fast pitch, softball and soccer and lighted tennis courts.
- The City of Odessa has 38 lighted fields, including eight softball fields, two baseball fields and four women’s softball fields at UTPB Park.
- Odessa boasts five outdoor swimming facilities including the Family Aquatic Centers at Sherwood and Woodson Parks, an outdoor pool at UTPB and two indoor swimming pools at Odessa College and the YMCA.
Area Attractions :
- Art Inst of Permian Basin - 1.0m/1.6km E
- Music City Mall / Ice Rink - 2.0m/3.2km N
- Ratliff Stadium - 4.0m/6.4km N
- Downtown Odessa - 5.0m/8.0km W
- Globe Theater - 5.0m/8.0km E
- Heros Water World - 5.0m/8.0km E
- Permian Basin Oil Show - 5.0m/8.0km W
- Petroleum Museum - 7.0m/11.3km W
- The Meteor Crater - 11.0m/17.7km W
- Confederate Air Force Museum - 10.0m/16.1km E
Restaurants & Lounges :
- Steakhouse - Adjacent to Property
- IHOP - Nearby
- Casa Ole - Nearby
- Oasis Bar and Grill - Nearby
- Red Lobster - Nearby
- Graham Central Station - Nearby
- Ector County Courthouse - 2.0m/3.2km E
- Univ of TX - Permian Basin - 1.0m/1.6km N
- Medical Center Hospital - 3.0m/4.8km W
- Texas Tech Medical Center - 3.0m/4.8km W
- Odessa College - 5.0m/8.0km N
- Local Taxi Service - 0.0m/0.0km N
- Lubbock International Arpt - 168.0m/270.3km SW
- Midland/Odessa Arpt. - 15.0m/24.1km E